Sunday, 26 December 2010

Radvent 25/12: Beleiving

radvent dec. 25 - believing

Have You Ever Had An Experience That Inspired Beleif?
 I'm sure really as I am not someone who believes in many existential ideas. If we move beyond such ideas, then there are things that inspire belief. Like the magic of watching the stars, of laying there with someone close watching the universe. That inspires belief in our place in the universe as something very small and inimportant in a bigger world.
I don't believe in God, or in any higher power for that matter. Maybe there is something there but I would want proof before I could commit to any beleif in it.

I would love to be able to hold that kind of belief in an idea but I think that growing older discounts our ability to believe. Take Father Christmas for example. I adore the idea behind the 'Santa Myth.' I love the childhood joy it brings with it. The sneaking around to make Children believe. Because I think it is important for them to have something like that. 

So no, I have not has an experience that has inspired belief in something magical in such regards.
List Some Of Your Most Closely-Held Beliefs
A good cup of tea can make you feel better.
Love is really important.
We will never understand everything; the universe is so much bigger than we can comprehend.

“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...